Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodbye DrTim, Hello ControlDoctors.com

Here is a notice I sent out regarding introduction of ControlDoctors.com. ControlDoctors.com is a community site for automation professionals using products from Emerson Process Management (Syncade, DeltaV, Provox, RS3, AMS, Fieldbus, SmartWireless, Rosemount, Fisher Controls, Micromotion).

Hi Everyone,

If you are on this email, then at some point in the past, you had joined the forums at the DrTim DeltaV, Provox, and RS3 site.

I have been pleased with how those forums have worked out, but as you may be aware, over the last few years, it had stalled a bit.

This was partially due to my available time, but also due to an aging platform that was difficult to maintain.

So, since we are overhauling our DMZ (where the DrTim site was hosted), it became time to either abandon the site, or overhaul it.

I chose to overhaul it.

The new site URL is http://www.ControlDoctors.com.

All of the forums have been moved to Google Groups (The links are on the ControlDoctors.com home page). I am hopeful that this will improve the manageability, as well as longevity of the site. (one downside is that you will need to join each group that you are interested in).

One of the nice features is that I am now able to extend the ability to Manage the groups (and the web site) to those outside of my organization, so if there are any interested persons, please send me an email.

I hope that you take the time to visit the new site and join some of the groups, there is a wealth of knowledge in our automation community!

Please pass along any suggestions or comments, I put the site together really fast (3 nights) and there are definitely opportunities to improve what is there.

Sincerely,
Tim

P.s. pass along the notice to anyone that you think may benefit from it.

No comments: